Complete and Flexible Perimeter Security for Corporate Networks
Corporate environments are exposed to a wide variety of it security threats and require comprehensive, simple-to-manage security solutions that integrate easily into an organization's existing IT infrastructure
Panda Gatedefender acts as the first line of defense against external attacks. It filters Web browsing, mail traffic and access to content via Wi-Fi connections, in addition to protecting Web servers published on the Internet.
- Network protection. Secure browsing and email
- Secure Wi-Fi access to content
- Protection for Web applications
- Centralized management console from the cloud
- Reporting and network real-time monitoring
- Available in Hardware, Virtual and Software versions
- Filtering out non-productive email
- Internet browsing to Web pages productive for the business
- Secure access to the corporate network for roaming employees, remote offices and/or employees using their own devices (BYOD)
- Prioritization of productive traffic for the company
- 24x7 redundant Internet connection without interruption
- Reduction of total cost of ownership
Why you need a perimeter security solution like Gatedefender
Keep your network infrastructure free from viruses and intrusion attempts. Filter Web pages and emails with unwanted or dangerous content, and free up your Web server resources with the Web Reverse Proxy.
Manage Gatedefender through a Web console accessible from the cloud. You also have access to dashboards and reports that allow you to check the protection status of your network at any time.
Gatedefender is available in hardware, software and virtual versions so that it adapts perfectly to your IT infrastructure.
Secure and High-Quality Wi-Fi
Gatedefender allows you to provide external staff with secure and high-quality Wi-Fi.
Secure, malware-free Internet access
Scan and protect the most common protocols:
- Web browsing HTTP and HTTPS
- Email protocols: SMTP and POP3
- File downloads via FTP
Detect known and unknown threats thanks to its heuristic technologies.
Firewall and intrusion prevention system
- Filter inbound and outbound network traffic, blocking unauthorized access whilst allowing authorized communications.
- Inspect network packets for unauthorized traffic patterns.
Anti-spam filtering and quarantine
Real-time detection and blocking of new spam thanks to direct cloud connectivity. Ability to store suspicious messages in quarantine for analysis.
Application firewall and bandwidth control
- Improve end-user productivity identifying and blocking access to unproductive applications used in the workplace.
- Allow access to appropriate websites and limit usage of unproductive services (streaming, VoIP, P2P, etc.) with its Web filtering and QoS features.
Proxy Cache & Web Reverse Proxy
Protect your Web server farm isolating it from your network, and free up server resources centrally managing all HTTPS access for the appliance.
High availability and Internet connection backup
- Redundant system with two or more appliances connected in parallel.
- RAID1 support to avoid data loss.
- Multiple data lines for uninterrupted Internet connectivity. Compatible with ADSL, UMTS, GPRS, 3G and 4G.
Flexible and secure connectivity
- Its state-of-the-art VPN technology ensures secure communication among remote offices, and delivers safe remote access to corporate resources by roaming users.
- It supports the SSL, IPSec and L2TP protocols in client and server mode for PCs, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Centralized management of remote offices
Gatedefender Perimetral Management Console allows partners and end customers to manage and update all the Gatedefender devices installed in their branch offices, at no extra cost, and from a single location accessible through the cloud anytime, anywhere.
Secure, controlled Internet connectivity at no additional cost for guests or visitors to your company who bring devices that probably don't comply with the security policies established by your network administrator.
Flexibility in the implementation
Available in three different versions: virtual (compatible with VMware, Xen/Citrix and KVM), hardware and software.
Caching Proxy and Web Reverse Proxy
Protect your company's Web servers that provide public services by filtering and inspecting all of the requests they receive.
Concentrate encryption and decryption tasks in Gatedefender to free servers from the load associated to handling complex protocols like HTTPS.
Flexible and Secure Connections
Latest generation VPN technology allows secure connections between remote offices, and corporate network access to roaming users.
Support for the IPSec, SSL and L2TP protocols in client and server mode for PCs, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
High Availability and Internet Access Backup
Gatedefender supports configuration of two or more appliances in high availability.
It supports RAID 1 to prevent data loss, and provides uninterrupted Internet access with multiple backup data lines (ADSL, UMTS, GPRS, 3G and 4G).
|Performance Metrics||Integra eSoho||Integra eSB||Performa eSB||e250||e500|
|User Range||Up to 25||Up to 50||Up to 100||Up to 500||Up to 1000|
|Firewall Throughput||217 Mbps||265 Mbps||270 Mbps||5,1 Gbps||10 Gbps|
|VPN Throughput||50 Mbps||65 Mbps||100 Mbps||880 Mbps||1,4 Gbps|
|IPS Throughput||35 Mbps||40 Mbps||60 Mbps||590 Mbps||600 Mbps|
|HTTP Throughput (anti-mw)||57 Mbps||103 Mbps||103 Mbps||1,4 Gpbs||2,5 Gpbs|
|HTTP Throughput||100 Mbps||200 Mbps||200 Mbps||2,7 Gbps||4,8 Gbps|
|Concurrent TCP Sessions||150.000||500.000||800.000||1.500.000||2.500.000|
|10/100/1000 Ethernet Ports||4||4||6||8||8|
Estimated minimum requirements by amount of users:
|User Range||Budget & low voltage x86 1 Ghz minimun models (VIA, Celeron, Athlon etc)||Budget & low voltage x86 1,5 Ghz minimun models (VIA, Celeron, Athlon etc)||Dual core x86 / x64 1,5 Ghz minium Desktop level processor||Dual core x86 / x64 high-end Desktop level processor||Dual Core x86 / x64 Server level Procesor||Quad Core x86 / x64 Server level Procesor||2 x Quad Core x86 / x64 Server Processor|
|Firewall Throughput||1 Gbyte||2 Gbyte||2 Gbyte||2 Gbyte||4 Gbyte||4 Gbyte||8 Gbyte|
(1) CD-ROM, Monitor and Keyboard required only for installation process. (2) 20 Gbytes is the minimun free disk space required for the installation. Logs size depend on the amount of traffic and may be required additional space. (3) Gatedefender is compatible with the same hardware as linux kernel 2.6.32.
|Model||VMWare ESXi 5.x||KVM 1.0||XenServer 6.1|
|CPU||64 bits x86, dual core (AMD Opteron, Intel Xeon among others)||Intel 64 bits VT capable processor AMD 64 bits AMD-V / SVM capable processors||Standard x86|
|RAM||2 Gbytes minimun plus additional RAM for virtualized model||2 Gbytes minimun plus additional RAM for virtualized model||2 Gbytes minimun plus additional RAM for virtualized model|
|Network Adapters||Gigabit or 10 Gbyte Ethernet Controller||100 Mbit or faster Ethernet Controller||100 Mbit or faster Ethernet Controller|
|Storage System||SCSI Adapter, Fibre Channel, Internal RAID Controller, SATA, SAS||PATA, SATA, SCSI 16 Gbytes plus space allocated for the virtualized model||PATA, SATA, SCSI 16 Gbytes plus space allocated for the virtualized model|
Download the Panda Gatedefender Datasheet (.PDF)
Download the Panda Hardware, Virtual and Software eSeries Appliance Specsheet (.PDF)